Because I keep getting followed by christians and right wing whack-jobs on twitter, that clearly haven’t bothered to go through my feed, this post is primarily aimed at you, just so you understand who you’ve added. This may also be helpful for people that followed me because they agreed with some of my political tweets, but you may not want me showing up in your feed.
1) I swear. A lot. I follow porn actors, alt models, and often re-tweet what they post. So if you follow me, you’re going to see boobs in your feed.
2) I am not a christian. I was, for twenty-five years. I grew up with it. I’ve seen christianity for what it really is. I’ll never go back. I’m not going to get on you about being a christian, or call you names or accuse you of anything, but if you start pushing it on me directly, I’ll tell you to kindly keep your religious bullshit to yourself. I’m not interested.
3) I am not a republican or a democrat, and comparing those two parties is like comparing two bowls of steaming dog shit. On most issues I’m pretty far on the left, on some I’m on the right, on others I’m middle of the road. I’m best described as “unaffiliated”. C’mon, what are our alternatives? The tea party is just a more extreme, bat shit fucking crazy version of the republican party. Personally, I make no distinction between the two. The green party… yeah, right. As far as the libertarian party… we already have a great example of a libertarian nation in the world. No gun control, not much in the way of taxes, very little government, everyone is responsible for themselves, the weak get eaten alive by the strong… it’s called Somalia. Feel free to vacation there and see what you think.
Our two party system is a complete joke, and has been one continuous train wreck for more than half a century.
4) The GOP has firmly convinced me that they are predominately corrupt, hate filled, racist, sexist, elitist bigots, trying to shove corporate America’s cock firmly up the ass of the average American citizen, all the while convincing them that they’re getting the better end of the deal. Sadly, they’re succeeding and somehow finding ways to blame the economic state of this country on the very citizens they’re fucking in the ass. The Democrats are ultimately just as owned by corporate America as the GOP, and most of those that aren’t are too spineless to try and do anything about it.
UPDATE 02/22/2018: If you’re still a Trump supporter at this stage in the game, just what in the almighty blue fuck is wrong with you?
5) I believe “the gays” should have all the same rights and privileges as any other US citizen. THEY ARE U.S. CITIZENS. Why the hell are their rights even a debate?
6) I seem to be one of the few people in this country that understands that capitalism is an economic system, not a form of government. The general public seems to be very confused about this fact. Capitalism does not equal democracy and it certainly does not equal freedom. What the US refers to as capitalism is a perverted, lobotomized version of a system that used to work for the American people. Now it’s just a tool to exploit them.
7) Gun violence is much, MUCH more than simply a gun problem. It is a mental health problem, an education problem, and an economic problem. I’m a gun owner myself, but that being said, I do believe in sensible gun control. The rash of gun violence in this country is a symptom of so many other things that are horribly, horribly wrong with America. There is no one silver bullet that’s going to fix it. Fixing it will require many changes that a lot of Americans are too selfish, or just too fucking ignorant to want to make.
8) I believe socialized medicine is the way to go. Yes, I’m fully aware that it’s not “free”, our taxes might go up to pay for it, unless we get the wealthy to pay their fair share, and we close a lot of other tax loop holes. Even if my taxes do go up in such a case, this doesn’t bother me because I can do basic math. As a family of four, we normally fork out between two and three thousand dollars a year in insurance premiums, co-pays, deductibles and shit that insurance companies find ways to weasel out of paying. That’s just a normal year of colds, flu season, dental work, glasses and all the usual shit. I don’t believe for a second that under a single payer system, my taxes would go up to anywhere close to what I normally pay out every year.
The US pays more for it’s health care than any other developed nation in the world, and of all of those nations, we have the least healthy population. I’ve taken the time to get the facts from the US government board of education web site, the world health organization website, numerous medical journals, and NOT from Fox news. Our health care system is an industry, designed to make money. As a money making industry, it’s an astounding success. As a health care system, it’s a colossal failure.
I have a college degree, a reasonably well paying job, great insurance, I’m a home owner, I’m a veteran, and I’m pointing all of this out so that you understand that I’m not looking for what the right sees as a “hand out”. We will go a hell of a lot farther working together and helping each other, than we will being a nation of selfish assholes.
9) Donald Fucking Trump is the same stupid, childish, narcissistic, lying, corporate elitist sack of shit he was before the election. I see so many people posting about how they regret having voted for him, and while I’m grateful that you people have come around, I have a really difficult time understanding how you didn’t see him for what he was when you filled in that little oval. I do understand though, that there was no good outcome to this election, there was just a slightly less messy and fucked up one, which I would have gladly taken. But who knows, as I’ve said in other posts, President Trump might actually be just the kick in the balls that this country needed to get it’s shit together, if it isn’t already too late for that.
If you listen to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity or Bill O’Reilly, you probably quit reading this a long time ago because you decided that I’m an evil, fascist, communist, anti-american, terrorist sympathizing nazi that wants to turn your children gay and euthanize your parents when they turn sixty-five.
In any case, if you’ve made it this far, you now have enough information to make an educated decision about whether following me on twitter was the prudent thing to do. I’m a grown up, I won’t be upset if you unfollow me.