My name is Allen. I’ve been going by “DeadTOm” online, mostly for gaming purposes, since the late 1990’s. I’m a mediocre programmer, a better than average photographer, and I’ve been working in IT since 2001. I’m a gen-x, professional computer nerd, video and tabletop gamer, dad to two male nerdlings, husband-like figure to an amazing woman, and citizen of Earth.
What you’ll find here are ramblings about everything I feel interesting enough to share with the world, whether the world wants to hear it or not. In case it sounds wholesome and family-like, it’s not. I swear like a drunken pirate and I make a lot of boob jokes. I’m not the type of person you want to put on speaker phone.
I’m an advocate for free and open source software, and a Linux user since 1998. My current distro of choice is Kubuntu. I use Windows at work, but only because they make me. At home, we’ve been Windows free since 2008. My partner and our kids are quite happy with Linux. It is a perfectly viable alternative to Windows.
For more information about Linux, and why you should be using it, go to whylinuxisbetter.net.
Places you can find me:
* Steam – l play a shit-ton of games.
* Twitter – I swear and rant a lot here.
* deviantArt – I take lots of photos of my friends… my friends don’t mine taking their clothes off for me.
* Google+ – Most of my posts are restricted to my circles. So there isn’t much on my public feed. Lots of geekery takes place here. D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Rifts… geekery.
* I’m on Facebook, but only to keep up with family and local events. I don’t particularly like Facebook. I keep my profile private. If I don’t know you, I’m probably not going to add you. If I do know you, I probably still won’t add you.
I also frequent these IRC servers, under the name “DeadTOm”:
Also, I’m an ordained Dudeist minister, because why not, man.
You can email me at email@example.com. If you know what pgp is and how to use it, I’d prefer that you did. You can find my public key here.
That’s all there is to know.