I’ve been going by “DeadTOm” online, mostly for gaming purposes, since the late 1990’s. I’m a mediocre programmer, a better than average photographer, and I’ve been working in IT since 2001. I’m a gen-x, professional computer nerd, video and tabletop gamer, godless heathen, dad to two male nerdlings, and husband-like figure to an amazing woman.
I’m an advocate for free and open source software, and a Linux user since 1997. My current distro of choice is Debian. I use Windows at work, but only because they make me. At home, we’ve been Windows free since 2008. My partner and our kids are quite happy with Linux. It is a perfectly viable alternative to Windows.
For more information about Linux, and why you should be using it, go to whylinuxisbetter.net.
Places you can find me:
- Steam – l play a shit-ton of games.
- Twitter – I swear and rant a lot here.
- Roll20 – I play RPGs here.
- deviantArt – I take lots of photos of my friends… my friends don’t mind taking their clothes off for me.
- Flickr – I had a pro account for about ten years, was very active, then just sort of lost interest in it. I’m trying to rekindle that with this new account, trying to post photos of my every day life. It’s not going well.
- Google+ – Lots of geekery takes place here. D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Rifts, home made gadgetry, science articles… geekery.
- I’m on Facebook, but only to keep up with family and local events. I don’t particularly like Facebook. I keep my profile private. If I don’t know you, I’m probably not going to add you. If I do know you, I probably still won’t add you.
- I also spend a lot of time on Freenode (IRC), under the name “DeadTOm”, mostly in various tech/nerd channels, trying to help out where I can.
Also, I’m an ordained Dudeist minister, because why not, man.
You can email me at email@example.com. If you know what gpg is and how to use it, I’d prefer that you did. You can find my public key here.
That’s all there is to know.